What is the Goal of Customer Service?
The ultimate goal of customer service and support is to quickly and effectively help customers and retain their business. A comprehensive CRM software doesn’t just help in optimizing sales and marketing functions, but it also includes Support CRM that helps you boost customer service operations. Support CRM helps you nurture important customer relationships.
1. Provide strong SLA based support for customer complaints
Even the best product or service runs into occasional problems, leading to customer complaints. How you respond to such customer problems determines how long that customer stays with you. With its easy to use Case Management system, SimpleCRM helps in capturing customer complaints received through calls, emails, website, customer self-service portals, etc. and helps in cataloging them under appropriate category. SimpleCRM also facilitates defining case/issue escalation rules which ensure timely, Service Level Agreement (SLA) based response.2. Consolidated knowledge-base
By diligently tracking and cataloging customer complaints through CRM over a period of time, a lot of data accumulates within the system. SimpleCRM allows leveraging of that data to deliver business intelligence via stored articles, reports and dashboards pertaining to most common issues and their resolution, average time to respond by Customer Service Representatives (CSRs), Customer feedback, etc. This information can be used to refine product or service, improve the efficiency of CSRs and improve overall customer satisfaction levels.3. Capture customer insights
As in most situations, the 80-20 rule applies in many business scenarios, for example:
A) 20% of the customers often account for 80% of the sales
B) 20% of the customers often report 80% of the complaints
An interesting aspect is that the 20% customers from A and B are often not the same! SimpleCRM can help you segregate your customer base into those generating
a) more revenue, less complaints
b) more revenue, more complaints
c) less revenue, less complaints and
d) less revenue, more complaints.
Multi Channel Ticket Creation
SimpleCRM helps in capturing Customer tickets through multiple channels. Not only does it automate ticket capture from traditional sources such as incoming emails, inbound calls, bulk tickets from 3rd party sources, websites etc., but it also enables automatic ticket creation through social listening, especially from Facebook and Twitter.
What is Omni Channel Help Desk CRM?
Say a company offers a great product or service, has a great lead generation engine and a crack sales team, who wins tons of new business every month. It has everything going for it in terms of customer acquisition but does not have a Help Desk CRM or Support Centre CRM. So the question becomes, are its customers experiencing a great customer service for the products or services purchased, are their issues and enquiries getting promptly addressed, are they satisfied after their purchase or are feeling buyer’s remorse? In short, is the company able to retain most of its customers after acquiring them?
A good support center or help desk crm allows you to interact with the customers who call in with problems or send emails to email@example.com. A better customer support crm will also provide a customer self-service portal where customers can log in to report (and track statuses of) their issues.
In today’s digital world there are additional ways in which a company can interact with or engage its customers:
- Website chat sessions – Organizations are increasingly offering chat support on their websites.If a customer is discussing his or her issues on the chat, those issues need to be tracked with equal priority as those reported by traditional support channels and the customers should get uniform support experience across all channels.
- Social Media like Facebook, Twitter – In some ways it’s good to have angry customers who call and yell at you. They are letting you know where your product or service is lacking and giving you an opportunity to address the problems and retain those customers. What you need to watch out for are those unsatisfied customers who don’t contact you and either silently switch over to competing products/services and bad mouth about your product or services, often in social media. Luckily, the best support center solutions make it possible to automatically monitor your company Facebook page posts or Twitter handles of your customers (or specific Twitter hashtags) and get alerted in form of tickets or cases when certain pre-defined keywords are mentioned on Facebook posts or Tweets. And once a ticket or case is created in your CRM, the usual customer support processes kick-in. It is even possible to respond from within your CRM directly to Facebook or Twitter posts.
- Depending on your situation, there could be other sources of capturing customer problems and creating tickets to track them. Some organizations have outsourced L1 support operation and they may get tickets in form of a daily excel/csv file or through direct integration with their outsourced service providers systems.
Good so far?
So Omni Channel Help Desk CRM solution allows servicing customers over all possible channels, consolidates communication in one central place and provides a consistent customer support experience.
Right, we couldn’t have summarized it better!
Now once the tickets or cases are captured in the CRM from various sources, the next important aspect is handling tickets assignments. Here a good help desk crm provides rules based ticket routing that includes:
- Round Robin – Automatic ticket assignments one by one to the support team.
- Least Busy – Assigning ticket to the CSR having least number of open tickets in his/her bucket.
- Location Based – Assigning ticket to the CSR based on geographic proximity of customer and CSR
- Skills Based – Assigning tickets to CSR based on their skill-sets with the product or service the customer is complaining about.
- Priority Customers Based – Assigning tickets to most senior CSRs for ‘Category A’ customers.
Another important aspect is ticket escalation and enforcing SLAs. Good support center crm solutions offer ability to define escalation rules setting capability where you can define:
- When an escalation should be triggered – for example, escalate an urgent ticket within 4 hours, a high-priority ticket in 8 hours, a medium-priority ticket in 12 hours and so on.
- Who should be notified – CSR, CSRs reporting manager, other members of the support team, Support Centre Head, etc.
- What action should be taken – for example, re-assign the ticket to another CSR, do nothing, etc.
Rules Based Notifications & Escalations
Define conditions and actions to automate the escalation alerts, if ticket remains idle in the same status for length of time. Prioritise tickets based on its level of importance and define escalation conditions and actions accordingly.
Set workflows to trigger emails notifications to multiple stakeholders for hassle-free operations. Create and maintain email templates for automatic email alerts & notifications.
Rules Based Ticket Assignment
Once Tickets are captured, SimpleCRM’s ticket Routing Engine enables the administrator to set powerful workflows through simple on screen drag and drop to define the ticket assignment logic. For example, ticket assignment based on round robin, least busy or Single user method. It allows has a new ticket holding bucket feature where incoming tickets are put on hold pending manual review process.
Create basic or advance workflows within SimpleCRM that can make an incredible difference to customer service. Workflows can help you to automatically interact with your leads, applicants and opportunities and any custom build modules. Set multiple conditions to be met with any combination of actions like triggering emails to stake holders, creating new records or modifying existing records etc. You can also set up escalation rules and also assignment rules for tickets generated via multiple channels.
Knowledge Base Categories & Articles
Knowledge Base module provides the ability to create, maintain, and publish articles. Knowledge Base articles can cover a variety of topics like case resolutions or frequently asked questions and can be for referenced. Once an article is created, you can view and edit information pertaining to the article via the detail view. Once customer raises a ticket, employees can search articles in KB to check if similar issue was addressed earlier and what was the resolution.
With SimpleCRM Bug Tracking, manage product-related defects, either found internally or reported by customer. Bug-tracking is clear centralized overview of development & its state. Prioritize the list of pending items which provides valuable input when defining the product road map or just the next release. Ensure all bugs are managed based on priority, status and category.
Access and update company specific documents, each document record can be related to other SimpleCRM records such as accounts, cases, opportunities, and many others. Attach reference documents related to tickets and exchange information through notes and attachments with customer. Upload & categorize documents with keeping a record of the various versions created. These documents could be of any type like PDF, Word, Image etc.
Public & Private Notes
Create & send emails with public notes & attachments related to ticket for interacting with customers & track communication between the support rep and customer. You can also tag private notes for internal communications. Create notes to write about reminders, questions and anything you would write on a paper. Store information related to customers, which you may need later for internal purpose. You can also attach supporting documents to a note. These notes & attachments are tracked and maintained for each tickets that the customer raises.
Reporting & Analytics
Analyze customer problems and how well your customer support team is solving these issues. Create reports to measure open tickets by time period, support representatives, priority etc.
With these analytics, take in depth view into customer satisfaction and enhance organizational performance.
SimpleCRM provides various key Support metrics & dashboards at your fingertips. There are 50+ out of box reports, including:
Tickets by Type, Tickets by Priority, Tickets by Status, Tickets by Users, Tickets by ticket Source, Calls By Users, Meetings by Users etc.
Provide customer self service portal to your customers so that they can submit and review issue status, bug reports.
Portal helps customers to create, view tickets and to communicate or exchange documents with support reps .